Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tweet Tweet Mommy Blogging

Hi! I'm Tweet Tweet Mama... aka Alex. I'm a mommy of my beautiful daughter Francesca (who we often refer to as Frankie and Tweet Tweet mini) who is just over 5 weeks old and wife to my wonderful husband Bobby aka Tweet Tweet Bobby. 

I decided to blog because my career (which I'm on leave from currently) is social media so I figure this will be a way to keep in touch with my social media side. Plus its something I've always wanted to do. Since I love to cook, craft, be a wife and a mommy (on top of so many other things) I'm hoping this is a creative outlet and it will be a good place to put all of my ideas, plans, recipes, work outs, tips, etc. and keep them somewhat organized. Wish me luck! 


I became a mommy January 15, 2013 and it changed my life in the best way possible. She is the best surprise I could have ever imagined...yes I said surprise. Thank you hubby (;


My husband, then my boyfriend, and I found out we were pregnant on Saturday, August 18th, when I woke up and took a pregnancy test. Why did I take a pregnancy test you might ask? Because I couldn't lose weight to save my life. I was doing EVERYTHING (healthily of course) to lose weight and nothing working and I was only gaining in my tummy (a place I never used to gain.) So my mom, being a mom, said, "Just take a pregnancy test. I know you said there's no way you could be since you're on birth control but just take one to be sure."
 To my shock, it was positive...how are moms ALWAYS right?! (guess I'll figure that one in the next 20-some years) PS I was on the pill and the kind where your period was nonexistent so missing my period never made me worry.

The lines weren't 100% clear, so I took another one and another one and another one... all positive. 

My mind raced as to what I was going to do. We weren't married, although he is undoubtably the man I was going to marry one day, we weren't even engaged, lived in a one bedroom, had old cars and his wasn't suitable for baby...needless to say my mind was on overdrive.


Me, being me, had to go to the doctor to make sure that I really was pregnant, because four at home tests simply aren't enough. That Thursday, Bobby and I went to see a nurse practitioner and after she warned us that we may not be able to hear a heartbeat or see much of anything since we were coming in so early, we had another surprise. Not only were we pregnant, we were halfway there, 20 weeks pregnant. I saw a profile of a face and they played her heartbeat then I lost it...tears, lots and lots of tears came rolling down my face. 


Happy tears and sad tears. She's been in my belly for turns out 20 weeks and I didn't know, how did I not know? I was kicking myself. I had been living a normal non-pregnant life that included travel, long hours, roller coasters, wakeboarding, tubing, wine-drinking, sushi, racing, girls nights, lots and lots of things that you are told you're not supposed to do when you're expecting. Thankfully God, being the amazing God that he is, had baby girl in his protection from the day she was conceived.



God also made sure that mommy and daddy would be just fine too. From the minute the first pregnancy test came up positive Bobby had a smile on his face that he just could not wipe off and as much as I already knew he was the man I was going to marry, that day just solidified it. 


From August 18 to January 15 we did a lot. Moved, bought a car, read lots of books, crammed on how to be great parents, made our new place into a home, had four baby showers, got engaged, planned a wedding, got married and both worked full-time during that time too; not to mention had the holidays and four trips up to my home town squeezed in there too. 


We did A LOT in those five months but I wouldn't have had it any other way. Our baby girl showed up two days late and as healthy as can be. 



There's a little background in case you didn't know me and my family's story. See ya next time, here's to keeping up the blog (:


xox

ps follow me on twitter @tweettweetmama and Pinterest





1 comment:

  1. Very well put, you are a strong women and are/going to be a great mom, you have the best role models to follow!

    ReplyDelete